Teacher Open House presented by VBGA2019-08-29 10 am - 12 pm Location: VanDusen Botanical Garden Visitor Centre
Discover the many ways that our living classroom supports the BC curriculum through field trips, teacher Pro-D workshops, gardening and ecology courses, and special events. Free, but registration required.
The Vancouver Botanical Gardens Association (VBGA) is pleased to showcase educational programming at VanDusen Botanical Garden and Bloedel Conservatory for the upcoming school year. Explore our learning opportunities in Canadian heritage, ecological studies, focused engagement in nature, and best practices in organic urban food gardening. Through inquiry-based learning, we aim to foster interest, appreciation and understanding of the natural world and the importance of plants in our lives, and empower the next generation of environmentally-responsible citizens and community leaders.
- Sample activities from our guided field trips and tours for elementary and secondary students.
- Tour the Garden with VanDusen Educators, learning how to implement our curriculum with their students.
- Visit info stations to learn about our teacher Pro-D workshops.
- See how VBGA program pedagogy aligns with the curriculum’s emphasis on core skills and competencies for lifelong learning.
- Sign up for free gardening and ecology classes.
- Visit VanDusen’s library, and peruse the extensive reference and children’s nature-based literature.
- Enter a drawing for loads of great prizes, including tours, Pro-D workshops, books and more!
For more information, contact School Programs Manager at email@example.com