2013 Hours & Admission
December 11, 2013 through January 4, 2014, 4:30 to 9 p.m. each evening, except December 25th when the Garden is closed. A magical experience for the whole family with 1.4 million twinkling lights.
For the duration of the Festival, the Garden, Garden Shop and Truffles Café will be open 10am to 3pm. The doors will re-open at 4:30pm for the show for Festival of Lights patrons only.
www.vandusengarden.org or call the Information Line 604-257-8335 press 12.
From November 1, avoid the line-up and purchase advance tickets through Tickets Tonight 604.684.2787 (service charge applies) or in person at the Admissions Desk in the Visitor Centre (no service charge) as of November 1. Tickets make a great stocking stuffer or gift for friends, co-workers or clients.
Available at Tickets Tonight, Admissions Desk or at the gate:
|Children under age 3||free|
|Family (2 adults + children age 18 and under)||$32.50|
|VanDusen Family Members||$27.25|
|Prices include taxes|
Please note: Tourism Challenge, Entertainment Book coupon and the Inspiration Pass are not accepted during the Festival of Lights.
- Allow yourself at least an hour and a half to tour the lights. There is a Dancing Light show which takes place every half an hour beginning at 4:30pm. Be entertained by the Scandinavian Gnomes and the Shadow Puppet Show, take photos with Santa (Dec 11-24), make a wish at the “Make-A-Wish” candle grotto, see the Parade of Lego exhibit in the Make-A-Wish ‘Room of Joy’ and listen to our community choirs at 6:00pm and 7:30pm from Dec 11 to Dec 20 and featured choirs Dec 21 to Dec 23.
- Photos with Santa and the backdrop of a million twinkling lights: Dec. 11 - 24
- Svend and Jens, our Scandinavian Christmas Gnomes appear nightly in the Gnome Home
- Mischievous Grinch and his secret hut
- Shadow puppet performance by the talented duo Mind of a Snail
- Community Choirs on the Performance Stage (Dec. 11 – 20)
- VOC Sweet Soul Gospel Choir on the Performance Stage (Dec. 21)
- The Christmas Revelers on the Performance Stage (Dec. 22 and 23)
- Make-a-Wish Candle Grotto
- Candy Cane Express model train
- Make-A-Wish 'Room of Joy' featuring a Parade of Lego creations by the Vancouver Lego Club
- Special themed areas; Gingerbread Wood, Golden Chain Walk, Candy Cane Lane
- Media partner -- CBC
- Dinner nightly at Shaughnessy Restaurant, reservations recommended 604-261-0011
- Truffles Café, casual dining in the new Visitor Centre, no reservations 604-267-4966
- Dr. Waffle – variety of waffles, cookies, popcorn, hot chocolate, coffee, tea, water, pop – cash only.
- Cin City Donuts – mini donuts & toppings, hot chocolate, coffee, tea – cash and credit accepted.
- Shaughnessy’s Santa’s Kitchen & Santa’s Lounge – hot mulled wine, hot dogs, smokies, kettlecorn, turnovers, hot chocolate, hot apple cider, coffee – cash, credit and debit accepted.
- Truffles Hot Chocolate Tent - BBQ smokies, soup, chili, popcorn, hot chocolate, hot apple cider, water, pop. – cash or credit accepted
Frequently asked questions
- Allow yourself at least an hour and a half to tour the lights. There is a Dancing Light show which takes place every half an hour beginning at 4:30pm. Be entertained by the Scandinavian Gnomes and the shadow Puppet Show, take photos with Santa, make a wish at the “Make-A-Wish” candle grotto, see the Parade of Lego exhibit in the Make-A-Wish ‘Room of Joy’ and listen to our community choirs at 6:00pm and 7:30pm from Dec 11 to Dec 20 and featured choirs Dec 21 and 22.
- Dogs and pets are not permitted into the garden except certified guide dogs.
- Most paths are paved and fully accessible for wheelchairs. The Heather garden, Black Garden and the Gingko Garden are not fully accessible. Please note the garden does not rent or loan wheelchairs during the Festival of Lights.
- The washrooms are located in the Visitor Centre. There are also two outdoor portable toilets, one on the entrance plaza before entering the Visitor Centre and the other one by the Glasshouse.
- While the majority of the show is outdoors, there are some indoor areas: the Visitor Centre, where you can find the Gift Shop, washrooms, Truffles Café and the Make-A-Wish Room of Joy, the Glasshouse, the Shadow Puppet performance and several heated tents situated around Livingstone Lake.
We hope you enjoy this years’ Festival of Lights!