From December 10 through to January 4, experience a frozen winter wonderland with over 1 million lights decorating VanDusen Garden. Take a stroll through themed areas and enjoy the Dancing Lights show on Livingstone Lake, gnome performance, shadow puppet show, photos with Santa, holiday treats and much more! Bring your friends and family to take in the magic from December 10 to 18 and December 24 to January 5 from 4:30pm to 9:00pm or enjoy late night nights from December 19 to 23 when we keep the lights on until 10pm. Purchase your tickets in advance to skip the line! Starting November 1, tickets are available for purchase online (service fees apply) or from the visitor’s centre during regular garden hours. Tickets make a great stocking stuffer for friends, family, co-workers or clients!
Event highlights include:
- Dancing Lights show on Livingstone Lake featuring classic and contemporary sets
- Photos with Santa (December 10 to 24)
- Scandinavian Gnome performances
- Shadow puppet show
- Interactive Icebergs in Livingstone Lake
- Make-A-Wish ‘Room of Joy’ display by the Vancouver Lego Club
- Make-A-Wish candle grotto
- Candy Cane Express Model Train
- Themed areas including Gingerbread Wood, Lantern Alley, Mistletoe Mischief and Candy Cane Lane
Event Food & Beverage:
Truffles Café located within the visitor’s centre, offers Fair Trade coffees, lovingly handcrafted hot and cold beverages, locally-inspired epicurean entrees, flavourful lunch and snacks. All freshly prepared onsite from the highest quality ingredients.
Truffles Kiosk located just inside the garden entrance, will be serving up premium hot chocolate, fresh popcorn, chili bowls and more.
Shaughnessy Restaurant offers a west coast inspired menu featuring local, seasonal ingredients and fusion flavours. Open every day for lunch, brunch and dinner, make family memories, visit with out of town guests or have a quick meal before heading into the Garden to see the Lights. Make reservations online or call 604-261-0011.
Santa's Kitchen is located on the deck of Shaughnessy Restaurant and has fabulous views of the light show from their heated covered patio. Indulge in all beef hotdogs, hand cut fries, house baked turnovers and other treats. Don't forget to warm your hands with our hot chocolate, hot apple cider and coffee.
Rudolph's Heated Patio & Bar is a great adult spot located on the side patio of Shaughnessy Restaurant. Enjoy hot mulled wine, spiked eggnog, twisted apple cider and Baileys coffee.
Ms. Klaus's Kettle Corn Kiosk is serving the best savory and sweet treat ever created! Popped fresh every night, Kettle Corn is easy to share and a hassle free snack for your evening in the Garden.
Rudolph on the Roof located outside the visitor’s centre entrance, will be serving hot beverages, soft pretzels and snacks to warm you up before you enter the garden.
Cin City Donuts will be serving up hot, fresh mini donuts, fresh squeezed lemonade and hot beverages in the garden.
Whistler Wood Fired Pizza will offer freshly prepared wood fired pizza, baked and served hot in family size, personal size and by the slice in the garden.
Ticket Prices (Includes tax)
Adult (19 - 64) - $15
Senior (65+) - $11
Youth (13 - 18) - $11
Child (3 – 12) - $8
Under 3 years - FREE
Family (2 adults + children 18 and under) - $34
Adult Group Rate (10 or more) - $12
Senior Group Rate (10 or more) - $10
VanDusen Members - $11.25
VanDusen Member Families (2 adults + children 18 and under) - $29
Frequently Asked Questions
- The Festival of Lights event is open rain or shine so please dress accordingly.
- Allow yourself at least an hour and a half to tour the lights and enjoy the entertainment and performances.
- Dogs and pets are not permitted into the garden with the exception of certified guide dogs.
- Most paths are paved and fully accessible for wheelchairs. The Heather garden, Black Garden and the Gingko Garden are not fully accessible. Please note that the garden does not rent or loan wheelchairs during the Festival of Lights.
- The full service washrooms are located in the Visitor’s Centre. There are also outdoor portable toilets outside the entrance and within the garden.
- While the majority of the show is outdoors, there is some indoor entertainment including the gnome performances, puppet shows and the Make-A-Wish ‘Room of Joy’ display by the Vancouver Lego Club.
For sponsorship and media inquiries, please email: VanDusenevents@vancouver.ca