Pollinator Days 20232023-05-31 2023-06-01 2023-06-02 Location: VanDusen Botanical Garden
A buzz-worthy field trip experience for students to learn about pollinators and the environments that support them.
As flowers bloom around VanDusen, bring your class to explore the special relationships between plants, pollinators, and people. Over three days in June, our facilitators will promote curiosity and stewardship through fun, hands-on activities at stations throughout the Garden.
Our diverse activities encourage new discoveries while aligning with the BC curriculum, and include:
- Observing pollinator biodiversity up close with microscopes
- Tasting different types of honey and visiting active beehives
- Learning about bee life cycles and pollen collection
- Finding nectar like bees with art using special paint and black lights
- Snapping away in a photo booth with plenty of pollinator props
- Plus other exciting games!
Groups receive a map outlining activity stations and may explore at their own pace during the day. Join us alongside our community partners for this special event by booking on May 31, June 1st or June 2nd.
|May 31||SOLD OUT!|
|June 1||Learn more & Register now!|
|June 2||Learn more & Register now!|