Guided tours are the best way to see and appreciate all the Garden has to offer. From April 1 – October 31, tours are offered daily by trained volunteer guides starting at 1 p.m., and Wednesday mornings at 10:30 a.m. In the winter months (November 1- March 31) guided tours offered only on Sundays at 1 p.m. Please note: all tours are weather permitting.
Pre-Booked Group Walking Tours
Group walking tours are available 7 days per week from April 1 – Thanksgiving (not available in winter months) for groups of 10 or more.
- Group tours with under 40 individuals need to be booked a minimum of two weeks in advance. Group tours with over 40 individuals need to be booked a minimum of four weeks in advance.
- Group tours are not available on Canadian holidays, on days with special events or on the first two Thursday mornings of the month.
Cart Tours (primarily for persons with mobility issues) are available daily from April 1 – Thanksgiving (not available in winter months) at 1pm, 2pm, and 3pm. Advance booking is only available for weekdays, for those with mobility issues and is strongly recommended.
Cart tours on weekends and holidays are available on a first come-first served basis. Cart tours are not available on days with special events.
As of April 1st, booking can be made from 10 am to 4 pm in person daily at the Information Desk in the Visitor Centre or by phone: 604.257.8162. Please do not leave a telephone message. Please note all tours are weather permitting.
A non-refundable administration booking fee will be taken at the time the pre-booked group walking or cart tour reservation is made. Groups need to arrive a minimum 15 minutes before the tour.
- Cart tours: $10 per group (per cart). Advance Booking can be made until 11am on the day of the tour.
- Group walking tours:
- For travel agencies and other business group reservations: $2.50 per tour participant
- For Garden clubs, seniors centres, & clubs: $1 per tour participant
Inquire at the Information Desk regarding seasonal self-guided tour pamphlets. These highlight plants or plant families that are at their seasonal peak in any given month.
Tours are not available at the Bloedel Conservatory, however Roving Docents are available on weekends and statutory holidays from 10am – 4pm and on weekdays from 1pm to 4pm. They are happy to answer questions and share the stories of the birds and plants that live under the dome.