Medicine Wheel Ceremony2021-06-20 12.00pm - 3.00pm Location: VanDusen Botanical Garden
We are pleased to welcome you back to the first in-person Medicine Wheel Ceremony in over a year!
Please note: Provincial Health Guidelines will be strictly followed to keep us all safe.
Registration is required and spots will be limited to 18 people.
To register, send an email asking to be registered for the Medicine Wheel Ceremony with your name and phone number to Marina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEDICINE WHEEL CEREMONY
The Medicine Wheel is a symbol of holistic teachings based on the cycles of nature. People from varying backgrounds and spiritual traditions are invited to gather to celebrate the beginning of the summer season in a beautiful outdoor setting at VanDusen.
Drumming, singing and prayers will be shared (Note: all who choose to sing out loud will be required to wear a mask).
There will be no sharing of food (pot-luck) for this ceremony, but you can bring your own food and/or drink to have within community (with social distancing) at the conclusion of the ceremony.
What to bring:
- Clothing and gear appropriate for the weather (ie. warm clothes, cool clothes, rain clothes, visor, hat, umbrella, sun screen, water etc.)
- Wear a mask and be prepared to answer questions to ascertain that you have no symptoms of Covid-19 before entering the Garden
- As per Government Covid-19 guidelines, chairs will be provided for all participants for this Ceremony. No need to bring your own chairs this time!
- Food and/or water to consume yourself (not share) within community at the end of the ceremony
- Bring a drum if you have one (Note: drumming and singing will take place with masks on)
- One or more small stones to infuse with prayers and to leave at the wheel
For more information contact Marina Princz at 604-257-8668 or email@example.com
For logistical reasons, all registered participants will be asked to enter the Garden at Gate 4 at 37th and Cartier (the gate nearest to Granville Street).