Hours & Admission
Plan for your upcoming visit to the beautiful VanDusen Botanical Garden and Bloedel Conservatory. Whether driving, riding, or taking transit, it’s easy to access us from anywhere in Vancouver. Hours and admission change seasonally for the VanDusen and Bloedel locations. Download a PDF map.
VanDusen Garden Hours
Open 7 days a week (except Christmas Day).
|January||10am – 3pm|
|February||10am – 3pm|
|March||10am – 5pm|
|April||9am – 6pm*|
|May||9am – 7 pm|
|June, July & August||9am – 8pm|
|September||9am – 6pm|
|October||10am – 5pm***|
|November||10am – 3pm|
|December||10am – 3pm|
|December – Festival of Lights||TBD|
*Please note: VanDusen Garden will be open at 10am instead of 9am on May 18th, 2019 due to special circumstances for an event.
VanDusen Garden Regular Admission
|Jan 1-Mar 31
|Apr 1- Sept 30
|Oct 1-Dec 31
|Children 3 and younger||Free||Free||Free|
Please note that special pricing applies during some events. See Events Calendar for more details.
VanDusen Garden Group Admission
Groups of 10 or more people paying together receive 10% off their regular admission price.
If you have any questions, please contact the Administration office at 604.257.8666 or email email@example.com
VanDusen Group photography and weddings
The group photography rate applies for photo shoots for a wedding, engagement, family group, graduation, etc. The rates also apply for a small wedding ceremony of 15 or fewer people (prices exclude GST).
– Up to 4 people $88.00
– 5 to 8 people $170.00
– 9 to 15 people $241.00
– If there are more than 15 people, each additional person receives 10% off his/her regular admission price.
– Photographer/videographer receives free admission
* Please note that the use of drones (i.e. unmanned aerial vehicles) is not permitted in the Garden. *
Reservations are not required
One person pays the cashier for the whole group
No ‘props’ (chairs, arbours, tables, sound system)
Choose areas off the main walkways
Avoid main attraction areas (Rose Garden, Gazebos, Perennial Garden, etc.)
How to enjoy the Garden
- Take in the fresh air – and please, no smoking (it’s the law).
- Certified and clearly identified guide dogs are welcome – but please do not bring any other animals (e.g. dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, fish, etc.).
- Stretch your legs – the Garden is a fabulous place in which to walk. Rollerblades, skate boards, bicycles and tricycles are not permitted (baby strollers are fine).
- Wander and explore – but please avoid walking in the plant beds.
- Help us protect the special collection by not picking plants or flowers, or by removing any of the plant labels.
- Please play with balls, frisbees and other sports equipment at a public park and not in the botanical Garden.
- Enjoy the wildlife – birds, turtles, geese, ducks, fish etc. To ensure they stay wild, please do not feed them.
Bloedel Conservatory Hours
The Bloedel Conservatory is open 7 days a week (except Christmas Day, Dec 25).
|November, December, January, February & March||10 am – 5 pm|
|April||10 am – 6 pm|
|May, June, July & August||10 am – 8 pm|
|September & October||10 am – 6 pm*|
Bloedel Conservatory Admission
|General Admission (excluding GST)|
|Children 3 years and younger||Free|
Bloedel Conservatory Group Admission
Groups of 10 or more people paying together receive 10% off their general admission price.
Click here for information on booking weddings, professional photography sessions and other event rentals at Bloedel Conservatory.