Vancouver Bird Celebration2023-05-13 2023-05-31 Location: VanDusen Botanical Garden
May is Bird Celebration Month!
From bird nerd to bird curious, there is an event for everyone during Greater Vancouver Bird Celebration.
Check out the events at VanDusen Botanical Garden!
- April 29: Intro to Bird Watching SOLD OUT
- April 30: Free Bird Walk SOLD OUT
- Tuesdays, May 2 – 30: Bird Identification Certificate Program (Online)
- May 6: Bird Photography 101 with Liron Gertsman SOLD OUT
- May 13: Things with Wings Weekend Nature Club
- May 16: Preschool Wonder Walk: Every Bird Needs a Nest SOLD OUT
- May 15: Binoculars and Spotting Scopes for your Birding Hobby
- May 16: Endangered BC Birds: Talk and Walk
- May 17: Backyard Birds: Beyond the Basics
- May 18: Build your Own Bird House Family Program
- May 19: A Visit with O.W.L. (Orphaned Wildlife Rehabilitation Society) SOLD OUT
- May 19: Hummingbirds: Nature’s Jewels SOLD OUT
Parents! Visit the Garden during Bird Celebration Month with the kids and pick up a Junior Birder Challenge at the VanDusen admission desk. Spot local birds and complete the challenge to collect a Junior Birder button as a prize. Additional bird resources will also be available at the desk.
Programing May 15 – 19 is kindly sponsored by Wild Birds Unlimited.
Contest: One lucky guest will win a pair of Vortex 8×42 Binoculars. You will be automatically entered into the draw for registering in a Wild Birds Unlimited sponsored program offered from May 15-19. Contest sponsored by Wild Birds Unlimited.